On Thursday, September 8th members convened for the second annual membership meeting to discuss The Collaborative Group’s accomplishments over the past year and plans for the coming year. Executive Director Deirdre Greene Groves shared that in its second year the organization:
- Hosted 18-events including roundtable lunches, panel discussions, proposal presentations, and a speaker series;
- Worked on multiple initiatives aimed at connecting up-and-coming entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial thinkers with established leaders to spur economic growth, including the launch of Challenge Detroit;
- Formed various strategic alliances with like-minded organizations, nonprofits, government, corporations, institutions, and media partners;
- Developed connections among members who have collaborated on new business ventures and transformational ideas; and
- Garnered media recognition including WJR, WWJ/CBS Detroit, Crain’s Detroit Business, and Downtown Publications.
Deirdre also welcomed several new members and three new Board directors including:
- Natalie Bruno, Vice President, Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings;
- David Gasper, Financial Advisor, UBS Financial Services; and
- Jim Reinhart, Partner, Plante & Moran.
For a complete summary of accomplishments and plans, click here to download the 2010-2011 Annual Report.
President Doyle Mosher provided an update on Challenge Detroit, celebrating strides and accomplishments made over the past year:
- Developed strategic plan;
- Committed 30-host companies;
- Launched beta website and social media pages;
- Engaged strategy and fundraising consultants; and
- Identified board of directors and supporters.
After introducing the Board members and reviewing the list of companies and organizations that have pledged their commitment to Challenge Detroit, Doyle discussed next steps and engaged the members to help by:
- Seeking out funding and in-kind support;
- Connecting to more companies for jobs;
- Suggesting solutions for housing, furnishings, transportation, etc; and
- Spreading the word!